These awards encourage, recognise and reward professional staff for innovation, improvement and excellence in their role. If you know of a professional staff member who merits recognition, nominate them for a Professional Staff Award. Nominations for the awards will close on Friday 27 October 2023.
Guidelines for the CBE Professional Staff Awards
The ANU College of Business and Economics is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining the best professional staff to support the strategic goals of the College and University. These annual awards encourage, recognise and reward professional staff for innovation, service improvement, engagement and excellence in their role.
Staff members must be nominated by a member or members of the College community. Evaluation of all nominations will be made based on the written evidence, with one (or more) specific examples (i.e. event or activity) that demonstrates outstanding achievement in one of the areas listed below.
- Working together – recognises individuals or teams who have cross-collaborated and produced a new innovative product/initiative/outcome.
- Go the extra mile – recognises teams or individuals who went above and beyond the day to day requirements to increase staff or student engagement
- Delivering outstanding service to clients and/or stakeholders. Examples include:
- taking accountability for resolving challenging client issues or overcoming barriers to deliver an effective service
- establishing ways to create more positive and engaging experiences for clients
- inspiring, motivating and leading others to improve service delivery.
- E-recognition program – for most recognised throughout the year.
All full-time, part-time, or casual professional staff members are eligible for nomination. Successful recipients of an award will be eligible for nomination in following years.
Certificate of outstanding achievement and funding of A$1000 towards professional development to be used within the 2024 calendar year (excluding IT equipment). There will be no carry-over of funds past 31 December 2024.
Submissions should be no more than 500 words, which must directly address one of the criteria and provide specific examples.
Process of Selection:
The committee will consider one award per category i.e. maximum of four awards.
The award process is run annually and the closing date for nominations is Friday 27 October 2023.
Nominations will be considered by a selection panel chaired by the General Manager and a Director of a CBE Research School.
The Dean of the College will decide the winners of the awards based on recommendations from the panel.
To nominate a staff member please do so at this link: