The Research School of Finance, Actuarial Studies and Statistics offers suitability qualified candidates the opportunity to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Actuarial Studies, Statistics or Finance. The three PhD and MPhil programs draw upon the expertise of international researchers located in The Australian National University. Information on the Actuarial Studies PhD and MPhil programs can be found below.
Information on current and past student profiles, and support and resources available to HDR students, can be found here.
- University academic
- Researcher within scientific, medical or health research organisations
- Researcher and Analyst within government departments, such as the Bureau of Statistics, Institute of Health and Welfare, Departments of Health, Agriculture, Education, Finance and Treasury
- Researcher and Quantitative data analyst within the corporate sector, including banking, finance and insurance, pharmaceutical, or energy and mining sectors
- Management consultancy and Actuarial consultancy
- Asset-liability matching
- Australian demographic issues including ageing population and retirement policy
- Mergers and acquisitions of fund managers and life insurers
- Modelling China’s pension reforms
- Modelling the financial marketplace
- Risk management in investment products
- Superannuation investment policy and performance
- Valuation of fund managers and life insurers
- Income contingent loans