Applications for Semester 2, 2021 will open on Monday 31 May and close on Thursday 29 July. Click here to apply.
The Special Industry Project is currently offered as a hybrid course; with in-person events subject to meeting COVID-19 restrictions set by the University and College.
SIP provides students with the opportunity to:
- apply relevant theoretical knowledge and skills to solve a business problem
- research, analyse, evaluate and propose practical solutions to the business problem encountered by the client organisation
- work effectively and professionally in a team setting to develop practical solutions to a business problem
- communicate effectively with peers and business professionals
- construct a professional industry report
- gain a valuable development and networking opportunity.
This course is available through a competitive application process. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- be enrolled in an ANU undergraduate academic program or an exchange program at ANU during the semester for which the program is taken
- have completed a minimum of 72 units (or equivalent for exchange students) across their academic program by the time the course starts (students applying for a degree transfer will be assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- have space in their academic program to enrol into a 6-unit course during the semester for which the program is taken
- We will work directly with the Student Services Team from your College to determine if there is space in your academic program to enrol in SIP. Please note that your application will be withdrawn, regardless of the stage you are in, if it is found that you do not meet this requirement. You are welcome to contact the Student Services from your College for a graduation check before your application, if you are unsure about this requirement.
- not undertake the course (CBEA3001) and CBEA3070/ANIP3003/ANIP3005/ANIP3007/VCUG3200 simultaneously.
Information session,key dates, and the Client for Semester 2, 2021
Key dates for applicants of SIP Semester 2, 2021:
Monday 31 May
Thursday 29 July
Offers made (rolling basis)
until Friday 30 July
Tuesday 27 July
SolarShare (https://www.solarshare.com.au/). Are you interested in renewable energy generation, community ownership, or sustainability? This is a fantastic opportunity for you to undertake real life project for the largest community owned solar facility in Australia!
On March 21, 2021, the first solar farm owned and built by SolarShare was officially switched on in the Majura Valley in ACT. The Board of SolarShare is now exploring the next investment opportunities. Student teams are tasked with investigating the feasibility and value of future investment options and proposing a complete investment case as the next strategic investment initiative of SolarShare.
Future investment opportunities could include:
- rooftop solar for a community organisation (behind the meter);
- embedded network for an existing building (retrofitting solar/batteries/EV charging);
- partnering with a residential developer of a greenfield suburb (similar to the Ginninderry development);
- integrating solar/batteries/energy efficient devices/demand response into an existing government building;
- replicating the Majura Valley Community Solar Farm project with another small-scale solar/wind/hydro/battery project (wholesale power generation); or
- investing into a minority stake of a large-scale renewable project with community fundraising (along the lines of the Local Power Plan).