Applications for Semester 2, 2023 open Friday 24 March and close Sunday 9 July 2023.
Click here to apply!
Students must email the CBE Careers & Employability team directly if they wish to apply after the closing date. Applications received after this date will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
SIP provides students with the opportunity to:
- apply relevant theoretical knowledge and skills to solve a business problem
- research, analyse, evaluate and propose practical solutions to the business problem encountered by the client organisation
- work effectively and professionally in a team setting to develop practical solutions to a business problem
- communicate effectively with peers and business professionals
- construct a professional industry report
- gain a valuable development and networking opportunity.
This course is available through a competitive application process. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- be enrolled in an ANU undergraduate academic program or an exchange program at ANU during the semester for which the program is taken
- have completed a minimum of 72 units (or equivalent for exchange students) across their academic program by the time the course starts (students applying for a degree transfer will be assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- have space in their academic program to enrol into a 6-unit course during the semester for which the program is taken
- We will work directly with the Student Services Team from your College to determine if there is space in your academic program to enrol in SIP. Please note that your application will be withdrawn, regardless of the stage you are in, if it is found that you do not meet this requirement. You are welcome to contact the Student Services from your College for a graduation check before your application, if you are unsure about this requirement.
- not undertake the course (CBEA3001) and CBEA3070/ANIP3003/ANIP3005/ANIP3007/VCUG3200 simultaneously.
Key dates for applicants of SIP Semester 2, 2023:
24 March 2023
9 July 2023
Tue 26 July 2023
What's happening in Semester 1 2023?
This semester's Special Industry Project sees us working alongside the National Museum of Australia (NMA) to redesign energy use, environmental goals and practical operation needs.
Student teams are working alongside clients and Strategy& mentors to develop a feasibility plan, risk model and financing strategy to assist the NMA’s move into a greener future. Temperature humidity and light control are paramount for some of the invaluable exhibits homed on the Acton Peninsula gallery. With the ACT Governments commitment to gas free energy by 2045, now is the time to plan and implement new, energy efficient alternative to prolong the historical, cultural and artistic value of the NMA’s collection.
Apply now to be a part of a course where you can see your work turned into action! For the planet (and your transcript)!
The following information session can be used as a guide for all upcoming application processes.
For further information about the CBE Special Industry Project, please email email@example.com.