Welcome to Semester 1, 2023 at the ANU College of Business and Economics (CBE).
This year, as announced by the University, we will complete a full transition to pre-pandemic modes of study. You can see the latest guidance on the University’s COVID policies, travel advice, and teaching and learning at ANU in 2023 here.
ANU and CBE will begin the semester with Orientation Week, also known as O-Week (13–17 February). There are many University, College and School-level events to choose from; I would encourage you to attend the discipline and major-specific sessions tailored to you – the full list of CBE events is below. Attending those sessions will get you on the right footing for the semester, and you will have a chance to ask relevant College staff any questions you may have.
To make the most of your time at CBE, do get into the habit of keeping an eye on your ANU email for our newsletters, academic and social-activity invites, and important coursework updates. Our website’s Events section is another excellent resource for staying informed, meeting new people, and enhancing your academic and career prospects. Also, please be aware of the support services available to you.
Best of luck with your studies and get in touch if you have any questions.
I look forward to welcoming you on our beautiful campus.
Professor Steven Roberts
ANU College of Business and Economics
CBE new student induction
Hosted by Associate Professor Bronwen Whiting, CBE Associate Dean (Education), this session covers important information for new CBE students. Learn about the College, life at ANU, and the services and opportunities available to you as a CBE student.
View the presentation slides here.
CBE discipline and major-specific information sessions
Find out more about your program through separate discipline and major-specific sessions for Semester 1, 2023.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Bachelor of Commerce Accounting Major
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and Bachelor of Statistics
- Bachelor of Economics and Economics Studies Major and Minor
- Bachelor of Finance and Finance Major
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of Finance, Economics and Statistics (Honours)
- Graduate Programs in Accounting, including Master of Commerce (Advanced)
- Graduate Programs in Actuarial Studies and Statistics
- Graduate Programs in Economics
- Graduate Programs in Finance
- Graduate Programs in Management
Here to help
Need to chat with the CBE Student Services team?
The CBE Student Services desk is open from 10am–4pm, Monday to Friday and can be found on the ground floor of CBE Building 26C, Kingsley Street.
You can also book a one-on-one appointment via ANU CareerHub.
The team provide advice on:
- general enquiries
- study plans
- overseas exchange, study tours, or cross-institutional studies
- internships or other professional opportunities
- graduation assessment
- program leave
- College completion letters.
Check out the FAQ page and video guides for online information.
Chat to one of our Career Consultants
Be sure to seek guidance from the CBE Careers and Student Employability team. Meeting with our Careers Consultants early can be key to your long-term success at CBE and ANU.
The team can:
- review your resume
- guide you through the application and interview process
- show you how to maximise the effectiveness of your LinkedIn profile
- provide you job search strategies
- help you find out where your degree can take you.
All CBE students are welcome to make an appointment.
Click here for more information on CBE Careers.