Big data and data analytics; FinTech; Healthcare information systems; Firm disclosures and market effects; User engagement and user behaviour.
Susanna Ho is a Professor of Accounting. Her research focuses on judgment and decision making, big data, and data analytics as they apply to social media, management turnovers and internal control material weaknesses. In particular, she is interested in how they intersect with organisation and team behaviour, social media and corporate social responsibility. Susanna’s early research examined how web personalisation influences the behaviour of online users and her research portfolio continues in this area. Her work has been funded by the Australian Research Council’s Discovery Project scheme and by organisations including CPA Australia. Susanna's research has been published in a number of leading academic journals including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, European Journal of Operational Research, Information and Management, Decision Support Systems, and Journal of Business Ethics.
Complete list available at CV.
- Ho, S, Choi, S., and Yang, F. (forthcoming) 'Harnessing the Power of Twitter: How are Tweets Associated with Forecast Accuracy?', Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
- Ho, S & Lim, K 2018, 'Nudging moods to induce unplanned purchases in imperfect mobile personalization contexts', MIS Quarterly, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 757-778.
- Ho, S & Rai, A 2017, 'Continued Voluntary Participation Intention in Firm-Participating Open Source Software Projects', Information Systems Research, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 603-625.
- Vo, T., Xiao, X, and Ho, S. 2017, 'How Does Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement Influence Word of Mouth on Twitter? Evidence from the Airline Industry', Journal of Business Ethics.
- Ho, S & Bodoff, D 2014, 'The Effects of Web Personalization on User Attitude and Behavior: An Integration of the Elaboration Likelihood Model and Consumer Search Theory', MIS Quarterly, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 497-520.
- Chau, P, Ho, S, Ho, K et al 2013, 'Examining the effects of malfunctioning personalized services on online users' distrust and behaviors', Decision Support Systems, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 180-191.
- Ho, S 2012, 'The Effects of Location Personalization on Individuals' Intention to Use Mobile Services', Decision Support Systems, vol. 53, no. 4 (Nov 2012), pp. 802-812.
- Ho, S, Bodoff, D & Tam, K 2011, 'Timing of Adaptive Web Personalization and its Effects on Online Consumer Behavior', Information Systems Research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 660-679.
- Tam, K & Ho, S 2006, 'Understanding the Impact of Web Personalization on User Information Processing and Decision', MIS Quarterly, vol. 30, no. 4, p. 865.
- Tam, K & Ho, S 2005, 'Web Personalization as a Persuasion Strategy: An Elaboration Likelihood Model Perspective', Information Systems Research, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 271-291.
CPA Australia, Australia 2019/2020: What Data Analytics Training Do Junior Accountants Need to Transform University Learning to Practice? (joint with Mark Wilson and Stanley Choi)
CPA Australia, Australia 2018/2019: Enhancing Auditors' Professional Scepticism in Evaluating Fair Value Estimates (joint with Robyn Moroney and Soon Yeow Phang)
Australian Research Council Discovery Project, Australia 2008/2010: Understanding the Effectiveness of Mobile Personalisation (joint with Kar Yan TAM)
General Research Fund, Hong Kong 2016/2018: Consumer Use of Product Information under Web and Mobile Channels in e-Commerce: A Process Design Perspective (joint with Leon Zhao and Sang Pil Han)
General Research Fund, Hong Kong 2013/2015: Integrating Consumer Decision Making and Web Personalization Engagement (joint with Kar Yan Tam)
General Research Fund, Hong Kong 2009/2011: Examining the Effects of Avatars as a New Form of Personalisation Agents on Online Shopping Decision Making and How Distrust Influences These Effects (joint with Patrick Y K Chau)
MIS Quarterly Outstanding Associate Editor Award 2018
Information Systems Research Outstanding Reviewer Award for in 2010
Faculty Research Certificate, The University of Melbourne, 2006, 2007
Departmental Research Award, The University of Melbourne, 2005, 2006, 2007
Susanna serves as a Senior Editor for AIS Transactions of HCI (2012-present) and a Guest Senior Editor for Journal for Association of Information Systems (2017-2018), an Associate Editor for MIS Quarterly (2013-2014, 2017-present) and the Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (2008-2017), and on the editorial board for Journal of Associations for Information Systems and Communications of Associations for Information Systems (2014-present). Susanna often serves as a mentor in MIS Quarterly Author Development workshop, MIS Quarterly Reviewer Development workshop, and doctoral consortium held in Pacific Asia Conference of Information Systems. Also, she often serves a track chair in international conferences.
- MIS Quarterly, Associate Editor (2012-2013; 2016-present)
- Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Editorial Board Members (2014-present)
- Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Associate Editor (2013-present)
- AIS Transaction of Human Computer Interaction, Senior Editor (2012-present)
College of Business and Economics (CBE) Teaching Award - Citations for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning 2019, ANU
Franklin Teaching Excellence Award , The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2003
Coordinator/Lecturer, BUSN3051/BUSN7051 Accounting Analytics from 2017-present.
Coordinator/Lecturer, BUSN8102 Data Analytics in Accounting in 2016
Coordinator/Lecturer, INFS2005/INFS7004 Accounting Information Systems in 2015