Statistics and data sciences; Bayesian methods and theory.
Anton Westveld is a Senior Lecturer in Statistics. Anton’s research interests spans Bayesian methodology and theory, network and relational data, game theoretic data, inference (uncertainty quantification) for agent based stochastic computer simulation models, and statistical causality. Anton’s research has been published in a number of leading academic journals including Annals of Applied Statistics and Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA.
Selected Publications and Working Papers:
- J. Wang, A.H. Westveld, A.H. Welsh, M. Parker, B. Loong. Analysis of survey on menstrual disorder among teenagers using Gaussian copula model with graphical lasso prior. PLoS ONE. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0248340].
- S. Kuh, G.S. Chiu, A.H. Westveld. Latent Causal Socioeconomic Health Index. arXiv Methodology (stat.ME). [arXiv:2009.12217]. 2020.
- J. Wang, B. Loong, A.H. Westveld, and A. Welsh. A Copula-based Imputation Model for Missing Data of Mixed Type in Multilevel Data Sets. arXiv Methodology (stat.ME). [arXiv:1702.08148]. 2017.
- B.L. Hurwitz, A.H. Westveld, J.R. Brum, and M.B. Sullivan. Modeling Ecological Drivers in Marine Viral Communities Using Comparative Metagenomics and Network Analyses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA. Vol. 111, No. 29, pp. 10714–10719. [DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1319778111]. 2014.
- G.S. Chiu and A.H. Westveld. A Statistical Social Network Model for Consumption Data in Trophic Food Webs. Special issue on Modern Statistical Methods in Ecology, Statistical Methodology Vol. 17, pp. 139–160. [DOI: 10.1016/j.stamet.2013.09.001]. 2014.
- A.H. Westveld and P.D. Hoff. Modeling of the Learning Process in Centipede Games. Stat. Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 242–254. [DOI: 10.1002/sta4.32]. 2013.
- G.S. Chiu and A.H. Westveld. A Unifying Approach for Food Webs, Phylogeny, Social Networks, and Statistics. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA. Vol. 108, No. 38, pp. 15881–15886. [DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1015359108]. 2011.
- A.H. Westveld and P.D. Hoff. A Mixed Effects Model for Longitudinal Relational and Network Data, with Applications to International Trade and Conflict. Annals of Applied Statistics. Vol. 5, No. 2A, pp. 843–872. [DOI: 10.1214/10-AOAS403]. 2011.
International partner of the Science Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training in Foundations of Data Science (https://www.data-science.ie).
Introduction to Mathematical Statistics (STAT2001/6039)
Regression Modelling (STAT2008/6038/2014/6014)
Statistical Learning (STAT3040/4040/7040)
Statistical Inference (STAT3013/4027/8027)