Why study Master of Management (Advanced) at ANU
Year 1 of the Master of Management program equips graduates and professionals from any discipline to become evidence-based decision makers, innovative problem solvers, responsible social citizens, and future leaders.
You are now in year 2 of your Master’s program and you are keen in pursuing your studies through research on a particular topic within a discipline or domain that you have encountered in your master’s courses. The MoM Advanced Program provides that flexible option for you to build upon your year 1 studies with compulsory research methods courses (MGMT8006 or MKTG7060, MGMT8018 or MGMT8019) to culminate into an independent original research thesis at the end of your Advanced Master’s Program under the supervision of an academic.
The MoM (Advanced) program provides specialised knowledge and skills in one or more specialisation areas chosen from:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- International Business
- Management Essentials
- Project Management
Master of Management (Advanced) program students who complete their studies would have demonstrated the following additional attributes:
- Knowledge and critical understanding of research design and methods as applied to a research problem in the field of management
- Knowledge and skills to develop a research proposal including a research design and research plan
- Capability to perform high-level independent research by applying the knowledge and skills acquired in particular disciplines to a particular problem
- Exhibit in-depth theoretical knowledge and quality research skills as applied to their chosen research topic
Students are required to plan and execute a substantial research-based project, capstone experience and a piece of scholarship through the research training coursework (MGMT8006, MGMT8018 and/or MGMT8019) that culminates in an independent piece of original work as a 24 units thesis.
If you’ve decided to apply to the ANU College of Business and Economics, then you've made a great choice. Here you can follow a step-by-step guide to lead you through the application process.
We offer a wide range of scholarships to future students to assist with the cost of their studies. There are also funding support opportunities offered by the Australian and overseas governments, and other industry partners and affiliates, that you can take advantage of.
Our students widely report that one of the best things about studying at ANU is the on-campus experience. Our strong focus on residential living has helped build a vibrant and diverse community, where you can find like-minded peers and make lifelong friends.