Program Aims & Outcomes
MomentuM is a student-driven program. While many opportunities are facilitated by the MomentuM Team , it is up to the individual student (mentee) to be proactive, actively participate and invest in the program.
The MomentuM Team matches mentees with mentors based on their application criteria: learning styles, work patterns and areas of growth. Together with their mentors, mentees will focus on 5 themes of professional development:
- Personal Brand & Career Development
- Critical Thinking
Successful applicants will be invited to a welcome event, mentee meetups and industry led workshops across the semester to discuss their learnings and themes.
Throghout the program, we aim for mentees to:
- Develop and improve business acumen
- Be supported, challenged and motivated by an experienced industry professional (your mentor)
- Develop increased confidence, self-awareness, emotional intelligence and an understanding of personal brand and value proposition
- Identify key career pathways and career goals based on an understanding of sectors and industries;
- Build new connections and professional networks
- Exercise a growth versus fixed mindset.
Program Requirements & Expectations
Students participating in MomentuM will not receive course credit. MomentuM is a voluntary program offered to a select cohort of students who have exhibited a genuine interest in professional development and the opportunity to learn from an industry mentor.
Before commencing the MomentuM program, each student (mentee) must sign a mentoring agreement with their nominated mentor and attend a compulsory pre-commencement workshop.
MomentuM is an intensive, voluntary program and requires a high-degree of personal commitment and strong time management. Before applying for this program, please ensure you have carefully read the program requirements, eligibility and selection criteria and key dates to determine whether this opportunity is right for your personal circumstances.
Mentees should attempt to attend all scheduled events throughout the program. Events are scheduled by the MomentuM Team to best suit a range of staff, student and industry availabilities. Key Program Dates are also listed in the welome pack for successful applicants.
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to be considered for this opportunity.
Places in the CBE MomentuM Program are offered via a competitive selection process.
MomentuM is open to all currently enrolled undergraduate and postgraduate CBE students who:
- will remain enrolled in a CBE program for the duration of the MomentuM program;
- at the time of submitting their applcation, have successfully completed a minimum of:
- 48 units (if enrolled in a current CBE single degree)
- 72 units (if enrolled in a current CBE Flexible Double Degree)
- 24 units (if enrolled in a current CBE postgraduate degree)
- hold and maintain a minimum GPA of 4.00/7.00
- have attended one of the compulsory Information Sessions (dates to be published on Key Program Dates)
- have completed the online application form through Career Hub and 1-minute dvideo response by the given deadline.
Applications for Semester 2 of 2021 will open from March to May, specific dates to come:
- Application Form
- 1 minute video submission (detailed in application form).
Applicants will be advised of their application outcome by a given deadline, and must be able to confirm their participation and acceptance by the date listed on their offer letter.