The Honours Lab is a bring-your-own-device work space for CBE Honours students. This includes a virtual desktop which you can connect to using your own device.
The virtual desktop includes 5GB of secure network storage which is backed up daily. You can also connect to your ANU Homedrive.
To gain access to the room, please submit a completed CBE Honours lab access form (Word doc 109KB) to your Honours supervisor.
How can I access my virtual desktop?
You can access your virtual desktop in the CBE Honours lab or using your own device from anywhere.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
How do I access my virtual desktop from home?
You have two options, either via your web browser or by installing the VMware client.
How do I access it using my web browser?
- Log into the virtual machine web portal.
- Use your CBE username and password when prompted (Domain is CBENET). If you do not have an account yet complete the CBE Honours lab access form.
- You will be connected to the server and that will bring up the desktop.
The following Web browsers are supported:
- Chrome 28 or later
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Safari 5.1.7 or later
- Firefox 21 or later
- Mobile Safari on iOS devices running iOS 6 or later
How do I access it using the VMware view client?
- Download and install the VMware client here.
- Once the client has been installed, add cbevirtual.anu.edu.au as the connection server and log in using your CBE username and password.
How do I connect to my ANU home drive?
Follow the instructions to connect to the drive (word docx 109KB).