The Honours Lab is a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) workspace for CBE Honours students. This includes a virtual desktop that you can connect to using your own device.
The virtual desktop includes 5GB of secure network storage, which is backed up daily. You can also connect to your ANU Homedrive.
To gain access to the room, please submit this form to your supervisor.
How can I access my virtual desktop?
You can access your virtual desktop in the CBE Honours lab or using your own device from anywhere.
How do I access my virtual desktop from home?
You have two options, either via your web browser or by installing the VMware client.
How do I access it using my web browser?
- Log into the virtual machine web portal.
- Use your CBE username and password when prompted (Domain is CBENET). If you do not have an account yet complete the CBE Honours lab access form.
- You will be connected to the server and that will bring up the desktop.
The following Web browsers are supported:
- Chrome 28 or later
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Safari 5.1.7 or later
- Firefox 21 or later
- Mobile Safari on iOS devices running iOS 6 or later
How do I access it using the VMware view client?
- Click here to download and install the VMware software.
- Once the software has been installed, add cbevirtual.anu.edu.au as the connection server and log in using your CBE username and password.
How do I connect to my ANU home drive?
Click here to follow the instructions.