Please note: the Neurodiversity video will be available shortly.
The College of Business and Economics has established the IDEA Committee to support objectives that relate to inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA). The IDEA Committee will help facilitate the operation and implementation of IDEA initiatives set by the ANU IDEA Oversight Committee.
Committee chair: Professor Steven Roberts
Terms of reference
The ANU is committed to achieving equity and working toward this objective for the benefit of Australian Society (ANU Strategic Plan 2017-2021). In parallel, the ANU is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse work and study environment.
The College of Business and Economics has established the IDEA Committee to support objectives that relate to inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA)1. The IDEA Committee will help facilitate the operation and implementation of IDEA initiatives set by the ANU IDEA Oversight Committee.
The Committee will develop and oversee the implementation of strategies and policies relating to inclusion, diversity, equity and access within the College. In particular, the committee will:
- propose and develop College-wide policies that support IDEA;
- discuss matters brought forward by members of the College in relation to IDEA;
- promote and initiate broader discussion about IDEA within the College;
- make recommendations to the College Executive Committee about improving IDEA in the CBE community.
The Committee’s responsibilities in relation to IDEA are:
- develop, implement and monitor College wide policies and action plans related to the Gender Equity Action Plan, the Healthy University Strategy and Action Plan inclusive of the Mental Health Action Plan, the Disability Action Plan and the Social Inclusion and Diversity Action Plan;
- prioritise IDEA activity;
- advocate for IDEA within the College community;
- provide feedback to the College Executive Committee about IDEA policies, programs and services.
- College Dean (Ex Officio);
- College General Manager (Ex Officio);
- College Human Resources Manager (Ex Officio);
- College Director of Students and Learning (Ex Officio);
- An academic representative from each Research School;
- A CBE professional staff member from the CBE Central Administration;
- A representative from the CBE Workplace Health and Safety and Infrastructure team;
- A higher degree research (HDR) student representative.
The Chair will be appointed by the Dean from the above membership.
Members will be appointed for up to two years and are eligible for re-appointment. An appointed member may resign from the Committee by informing the Chair in writing.
CBE Research School Directors have an open invitation to attend Committee meetings.
Schedule of meetings and reporting
The Committee will meet four times per year on dates determined by the Committee.
The Committee will report to the CBE Executive Committee as appropriate. The meeting minutes from the CBE IDEA Committee will be included in the CBE Executive Committee papers. Recommendations from the Committee will be submitted to the CBE Executive Committee for consideration.
The Committee Chair will engage through a facilitated sharing of practice network and attend the ANU IDEA Oversight Committee twice a year to ensure effective reporting and communication across the IDEA Governance Framework.
Terms of reference last updated July 2019.
Composition of selection committees:
Every effort must be made to ensure that committees reflect the diversity of the University population. There must always be a reasonable gender mix in the composition of Committees.
- Parental Leave fact sheet
- Breastfeeding procedure
- CBE Parents room - Located on Level 1 in room 1.01 B (just near the elevator), in Building 26C.
- Children on campus
- Work, study and family responsibilities
- Carer’s career development assistance fund
- Gender equity - Athena Swan at ANU
- Indigenous Australians
- Disability Support
- LGBITQ inclusion
- Equal opportunity
- Diversity Calendar
- Guideline: Gender inclusive language
|May||IDEA Committee Minutes May 2020|
|July||IDEA Committee Minutes July 2020|
|November||IDEA Committee Minutes November 2020|
|February||Gender Equity Committee Minutes February 2019|
|April||IDEA Committee Minutes April 2019|
|September||IDEA Committee Minutes September 2019|
|December||IDEA Committee Minutes December 2019|
|22 March||Gender Equity Committee Minutes March 2018|
|31 May||Gender Equity Committee Minutes May 2018|
|26 July||Gender Equity Committee Minutes Jul 2018|
|27 September||Gender Equity Committee Minutes Sept 2018|