Dr Lin Cui
(+61) 2 612 56190
|Fax:||(+61) 2 612 58796|
LF Crisp Building (26)
|Research School of Management|
ANU College of Business and Economics
LF Crisp Building 26
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200
Lin Cui is Senior Lecturer in International Business in the Research School of Management at The Australian National University. He earned a PhD in International Business (2008) from The Australian National University, a Master in Economics (2004) from Seoul National University, and double Bachelors (2002) in Economics and Korean Studies from Peking University.
His research focuses on international business strategies, especially those of emerging multinational enterprises. His work has been published or forthcoming in journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business, International Business Review, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Business Research, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management among others.
Lin has won national competitive research grants including an Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) from the Australian Research Console (DE130100860, 2013-2015, AU$365,586), and a research grant from the National Social Science Foundation of China (12FJL009, 2013-2014,RMB150,000).
Lin currently serves on the editorial review boards of reputable business journals such as the Asia-Pacific Journal of Management and Management and Organization Reviewe.
Disciplines & research interests
- International Business
My research focuses on international business strategies of emerging economy firms. I investigate the impacts of institutional system (macro-level), business network and corporate group (meso-level), and firm agency (micro-level) on the international strategies and performance of emerging multinational enterprises. My current research projects are in three streams:
- Internationalization of emerging economy firms
- Institutional approaches of business strategy
- Behavioral theory and internationalization process
Selected Journal Publications
1. Li, M., Cui, L., & Lu, J. forthcoming. Varieties in state capitalism: Outward FDI strategies of central and local state owned enterprises from emerging economy countries. Accepted February 2014 for publication in Journal of International Business Studies. ABDC Ranking: A*. JIF: 3.062.
2. Cui, L., Meyer, K. E., & Hu, H. W. in press. What drives firms' intent to seek strategic assets by foreign direct investment? A study of emerging economy firms. Journal of World Business (available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2013.12.003, forthcoming in 2014 Volume 49 Issue 4). ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 2.617.
3. Hu, H. W., & Cui, L. in press. Outward foreign direct investment of publicly listed firms from China: A corporate governance perspective. International Business Review (available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2013.11.003). ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 1.849.
4. Fan, D., Cui, L., Zhang, M., & Zhu, J. 2014. Influence of high performance work systems on employee's subjective well-being and job burnout: Empirical evidence from the Chinese healthcare sector. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(7): 931-950. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF:0.792.
5. Cui, L., Li, Y., & Li, Z. Experiential drivers of foreign direct investment by late-comer Asian firms: The Chinese evidence. Journal of Business Research, 66(12): 2451-2459. ABDC Ranking: A, JIF:1.484.
6. Cui, L., Fan, D., Fu, G., & Zhu, J. An integrative model of organizational safety behaviour. Journal of Safety Research, 45: 37-46. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF:1.379.
7. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. State ownership effect on firms' FDI ownership decisions under institutional pressure: A study of Chinese outward investing firms. Journal of International Business Studies, 43(3): 264-284. ABDC Ranking: A*. JIF:3.062.
8. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. Behind ownership decision of Chinese outward FDI: Resources and institutions. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 27(4): 751-774. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 4.099.
9. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. FDI entry mode choice of Chinese firms: A strategic behavior perspective. Journal of World Business, 44(4): 434-444. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 2.617.
- International Business
- International Strategic Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
· BUSI7019 The Global Business Environment
- 2008: course coordinator and lecturer, teaching evaluation 5.2/7.0
- 2009: course coordinator and lecturer, teaching evaluation 5.7/7.0
· BUSI7001 Managing the Global Supply Chain
- 2009: course coordinator and lecturer, teaching evaluation 5.8/7.0
- 2011: course coordinator and lecturer, satisfaction rate 100%
- 2012: course coordinator and lecturer, satisfaction rate 55.5%
· BUSI3030 International Supply Chain Management
- 2009: course coordinator and lecturer, teaching evaluation 5.0/7.0
- 2011: course coordinator and lecturer, satisfaction rate 86.7%
- 2012: course coordinator and lecturer, satisfaction rate 93.3%
· BUSI3028 Business in China
- 2008: co-lecturer, teaching evaluation 5.2/7.0
· MMIB8003 Business Research Seminar
- 2012: guest lecturer
· BUSI7033 International Management
- 2013: guest lecturer
· BUSI2025 International Business
- 2005-2007: tutorial instructor
· BUSI3020 International Strategic Management
- 2005-2007: tutorial instructor
- Editorial review board (2014-2017) of Management and Organization Review (ABDC A, IF: 2.829)
- Editorial review board (2014-2016) of Asia Pacific Journal of Management (ABDC A, IF: 4.099)
- Ad Hoc Reviewer for Academic Journals such as
Journal of International Business Studies (A*, FT45)
Journal of Management (A*)
Industrial Marketing Management (A*)
Journal of World Business (A)
Corporate Governance International Review (A)
Journal of Business Research (A)
Australian Journal of Management (A)
Asia Pacific Journal of Management (A)
International Small Business Journal (A)
Journal of International Management (A)
Thunderbird International Business Review (B), etc.
- Research grant assessor for the Australian Research Council
- Ad Hoc Reviewer for Academic Conferences such as Academy of Management Annual Conference, Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Harvard Conference on China Goes Global, Australian and New Zealand International Business Academy Annual Conference, etc.
- Track Chair, AIB 2014 Conference
- Session Chair, AIB 2013 Conference
- Member, Academy of International Business
- Member, Academy of Management
- Member, International Association for Chinese Management Research
- Member, Strategic Management Society
- Member, Emerging Market Internationalization Research Group