Dr Lin Cui
(+61) 2 612 56190
|Fax:||(+61) 2 612 58796|
LF Crisp Building (26)
|Research School of Management|
ANU College of Business and Economics
LF Crisp Building 26
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200
Lin Cui is Senior Lecturer in International Business in the Research School of Management at The Australian National University. He earned a PhD in International Business (2008) from The Australian National University, a Master in Economics (2004) from Seoul National University, and double Bachelors (2002) in Economics and Korean Studies from Peking University. His research focuses on international business strategies, especially those of emerging multinational enterprises. His work has been published or forthcoming in journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business, International Business Review, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Business Research, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management among others.
Lin has won national competitive research grants including an Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) from the Australian Research Console (DE130100860, 2013-2015, AU$365,586), and a research grant from the National Social Science Foundation of China (12FJL009, 2013-2014, RMB150,000).
Disciplines & research interests
- International Business
My research focuses on international business strategies of emerging economy firms. I investigate the impacts of institutional system (macro-level), business network and corporate group (meso-level), and firm agency (micro-level) on the international strategies and performance of emerging multinational enterprises. My current research projects are in three streams:
- Internationalization of emerging economy firms
- Institutional approaches of business strategy
- Behavioral theory and internationalization process
Recent Journal Publications
1. Li, M., Cui, L., & Lu, J. forthcoming. Varieties in state capitalism: Outward FDI strategies of central and local state owned enterprises from emerging economy countries. Accepted February 2014 for publication in Journal of International Business Studies. ABDC Ranking: A*. JIF: 3.062.
2. Cui, L., Meyer, K. E., & Hu, H. W. in press. What drives firms' intent to seek strategic assets by foreign direct investment? A study of emerging economy firms. Journal of World Business (available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2013.12.003, forthcoming in 2014 Volume 49 Issue 4). ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 2.617.
3. Hu, H. W., & Cui, L. in press. Outward foreign direct investment of publicly listed firms from China: A corporate governance perspective. International Business Review (available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2013.11.003). ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 1.849.
4. Fan, D., Cui, L., Zhang, M., & Zhu, J. 2014. Influence of high performance work systems on employee's subjective well-being and job burnout: Empirical evidence from the Chinese healthcare sector. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(7): 931-950. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF:0.792.
5. Cui, L., Li, Y., & Li, Z. Experiential drivers of foreign direct investment by late-comer Asian firms: The Chinese evidence. Journal of Business Research, 66(12): 2451-2459. ABDC Ranking: A, JIF:1.484.
6. Cui, L., Fan, D., Fu, G., & Zhu, J. An integrative model of organizational safety behaviour. Journal of Safety Research, 45: 37-46. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF:1.379.
7. He, X., & Cui, L. Can strong home country institutions foster the internationalization of MNEs? Multinational Business Review, 20(4): 352-375. ABDC Ranking: C.
8. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. State ownership effect on firms' FDI ownership decisions under institutional pressure: A study of Chinese outward investing firms. Journal of International Business Studies, 43(3): 264-284. ABDC Ranking: A*. JIF:3.062.
9. Cui, L., Jiang, F., & Stening, B. The entry mode decision of Chinese outward FDI: Firm resources, industry condition, and institutional forces. Thunderbird International Business Review, 53(4): 483-499. ABDC Ranking: B.
10. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. Behind ownership decision of Chinese outward FDI: Resources and institutions. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 27(4): 751-774. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 4.099.
11. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. FDI entry mode choice of Chinese firms: A strategic behavior perspective. Journal of World Business, 44(4): 434-444. ABDC Ranking: A. JIF: 2.617.
12. Cui, L., & Jiang, F. Ownership decisions in Chinese outward FDI: An integrated conceptual framework and research agenda. Asian Business & Management, 8(3): 301-324. ABDC Ranking: C. JIF:1.333.
- International Business
- International Strategic Management
- Global Supply Chain Management